Saturday, February 19, 2005

Chilly Saturday

It's back to being ugly cold here which means the weekend is shaping up to be an indoor party again. Boo. Fortuately we picked up a couple of DVD's for watching while we're swaddled in blankets.
I still haven't knit a stitch on my Color on Color scarf, but there's potential today. The problem is that I really don't care much for the section I'm working on so it's just an exercize in following the directions and lamenting about the bajillion ends I'm going to have to weave in because of all the color changes. Anyway, it's somewhat tedious going at the moment.
In the mean time, I thought I'd post a before and after of one of the other things that's been keeping me warm this winter.


and post felting:


These are the "Felted (Fulled) Mittens" by Nancy Lindberg. I used Brown Sheep Nature Spun yarn with a little eyelash knit into a few rows of stockinette to make the cuff. I love anything felted. I even want to make some felted placemats one of these days.

I think maybe knitting makes me appreciate winter just a little in that it gives me cause to wear all kinds of handmade cute warm stuff. I have to admit it would be a little more challenging to find suitable projects if I lived in a warm climate. Either that or it would force me to become proficient at knitting tank tops that acutally fit and look nice.

I'm getting the itch to bake some bread and since the weather is cooperating, I just may have something yummy to show tomorrow.

See ya then.

Comments:
Very nice mittens. I love the color and the fun fur.

I totally understand about not knowing what to knit in a warm climate. I live in the dessert and do not have a clue on what to knit as I am not fond of tank tops. LOL!

Great blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?