Friday, February 25, 2005

Crafting hangover

We had a lovely CraftyCHIX evening. The BBQ pork sandwiches were yummy and the company couldn't have been nicer. With my typical sugar-junkie thinking, the best part of the meal, of course, was dessert...

Thanks to Carrie for the fabulous shots of some big, chewy Molasses cookies. I'm enjoying one of the leftovers as I type. The recipe is from my ancient Betty Crocker cookbook and I substituted butter for shortening (duh!) along with a few other secret tweaks. On a side note, my edition of the BC cookbook is older than me and has a helpful hints section that is pretty hilarious. It's also full of really crazy 60's era recipes. Amen for the American food revolution of subsequent decaces.


It was a diverse night for craft of choice (COC). Carrie was working on what I can only surmise is a craft invented by someone who wanted to design the most complex, most detailed, most labor intensive project ever and was obviously on some kind of drug. Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of the FO over at Knit-Whit soon. Our friend Susan was casting on for a cute felted purse, and Donna made a beautiful sterling, peridot and amethyst toggle necklace. Here's where I was on my Color on Color scarf before last night:

I did manage to make some progress, and I have about six rows left in section 13. Now that there's a few more colors in the mix, I like it a little better. I'll post more pics as soon as I get the numerous ends woven in.

Not much on the agenda for the weekend. I really want to see My Architect: A Son's Journey, which I spied on DVD last weekend but that got vetoed in lieu of SO's pick. I might just have a little crafting and cooking up my sleeve somewhere as well...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?