Saturday, February 12, 2005

Next stop: Food

I am a food fanatic. I love to cook and I love to eat. My obsession with cooking tends to wax and wane, and today it's in overdrive. I've been thinking about what to cook for dinner since about five minutes after I got up this morning. I'm also craving a great glass or two of wine, and I'm sure I'll have no problem turning the gathering and preparation of tonight's, (or maybe tomorrow nights, depending on how involved things become) meal into a day-long affair. Is it crazy that the thought of making a trip to a really great grocery store and shopping for a bottle of wine will make for a "fun" Saturday?
So far, I'm leaning towards Pork Tenderloin Churrascowith Aji Amarillo-Pineapple Salsa.
Can you say YUM?? And it's the perfect excuse to use some of the Pimenton de la Vera, i.e. smoked Spanish Paprika that was my one and only purchase during last springs' motorcycle tour of Spain. It's definitely one of those flavor-memories that instantly transports me back to that time and place. Like a mini vacation for the mouth.
I guess I'm going to have to start taking pictures of food I cook. That is a little frightening.

Comments:
What time did you say I should be there? ;-)
 
So you deliver, right? :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?