Sunday, March 27, 2005

Yay for spring

We were invited to dinner at a friends house last night, and she asked me to bring a dessert. She must have known how I've been dying to make a special treat

A fresh fruit pasry cream tart...spring on a plate. It's one of my favorite desserts. I think it turned out nicely, although I discovered too late that I was out of apricot jelly for glazing and had to use raspberry, hence the slightly weird color. Oh well. I topped the custard filled shortbread crust with fresh strawberries, kiwi and pineapple. It tasted wonderful and our hosts, Michelle and Larry, gobbled it up. Recipe for both crust and pastry cream were from the Joy of Cooking.
We had a nice evening and I managed to dring WAY too much so I'm feeling less than thrilled about having to go out for a family brunch this morning. Hopefully the pot of coffee next to me will start to work it's magic and get me feeling a little more in the spring spirit soon.
We've had a busy last few days again as usual, and we spent a good part of yesterday slogging around in the mud at the house site again, so I'm my plan is to eat a lot at brunch and then spendthe afternoon and evening lounging around on the couch watching movies. And have I been duped again or is it true? A new episode of DH tonight?

Comments:
Ah yes...I hate when I -dring- too much too. It impedes brain function. ;-) Yes a new episode of DH! Whoot whoot. Hope you had a good brunch. Did you find the place OK?
Feeling punchy,
Carrie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?