Monday, April 11, 2005

Last nights dinner

For whatever reason, I managed to have a decently productive weekend and as promised, there's yum to share.
I had some flank steak in the freezer that seemed like the perfect candidate for steak tacos.
Here's the peppers grilling to charred deliciousness


For the steak, I marinated it in Chimichurri sauce for a couple of hours and then grilled to medium rare. This was my first time making Chimichurri sauce so I just chose a recipe that looked good. It was absolutely delicious, but next time I think I'll try one of the other recipes that calls for lemon zest just out of curiosity.

Here's the finished tacos (with my favorite swill peeking in)

I sliced the grilled peppers and sweet onions and served a corn, green chile, and avocado salsa as a condiment, along with extra chimichurri sauce and sour cream. The sweetness of the grilled onions and the corn salsa were really a nice compliment to the bright, tangy sauce and the charred richness of the meat.

The tacos were a big hit with both of us. I definitely want to do some grilled chicken parts or a pork tenderloin slathered with this fresh, yummy green guck, and I can see it becoming a standing favorite for entertaining because it's easy and different. All of the ingredients just get thrown into the food processor and zizzed, so it takes about three minutes from start to finish. Chimichurri Love.

For the Corn, Green Chile and Avocado Salsa:
1 can corn kernels or a couple of cobs of grilled corn
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
2 roasted, peeled green chiles, any variety
a handful of coarsley chopped cilantro
1 firm-ripe Haas avocado, diced
juice of half a lime
splash of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Toss together and serve.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?