Thursday, April 14, 2005

Last nights dinner

Well, acually night before last by now but the internet and our ISP have been acting badly preventing me from posting yesterday. Boo.

I started with the Blue Cheese and Mushroom Crostini. It was rich and delicious and everything a little bite should be...crunchy, packed with flavor, and interesting. It was also very easy to make, and I can see the party potential since everything can be made ahead and then the toasts can be assembled and baked as needed. The hardest part for me was trying not to eat all the mushrooms straight from the pan as they were sauteeing.

Next time I think I'll reduce the fat as efoodie suggests as the overwhelming richness prevented me from eating as many of these little yummies as I would have liked.
For the entree, digging around in my cupboard and freezer, I discovered I had the makings of a pretty spring risotto with shrimp, summer squash and red bell pepper:

A fairly decent result considering I didn't have to go out for any ingredients. Simple and easy. I hadn't made a risotto in quite a while, and I had forgotten what a nice take on comfort food it can be. Next time I'll do it properly Italian with more rice and less other stuff.

I've gotten busy managing construction things again so it's back to sandwich central for at least the next few days. Stay tuned for more adventures in Chimichurri and hopefully some fun with beans and grains.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?