Thursday, May 05, 2005

Color on Color, the mittens

I had quite a bit of leftover yarn from the Color on Color scarf, and I thought maybe I could use it to make some matching mittens. Here's my progress so far:

I'm changing colors and stitch patterns randomly and using a basic four needle mitten pattern. I'm not sure how I feel about the results so far, and now I'm thinking it might have been better to knit them flat and then graft at the sides because I can't really do the color blocking or garter stitch working in the round. I'm planning to add some I cord (YAY, more I cord to knit!) to the cuffs and maybe some other embellishments that I hope will cuten up the finished product unless I rip and change tactics first. Anyone have a mitten pattern that's knit flat? I could SO see these with pointy tips and a little pompom on the end. I'll keep you posted.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?