Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sip, Stitch and Pitch...YAY!

Knitting + outdoor baseball=fun+ a few confused baseball fans.
This past Friday night, Borealis Yarns and Ginko Coffee sponsored Sip, Stitch and Pitch night with the St. Paul Saints. Blogless April, myself and Ms. Knit-Whit were all in attendance and we had a BLAST! Check out some pics here and here.
Borealis Yarn also sponsored a pre-game yarn swap, so I swapped a couple of skeins of stuff from my stash for two skeins of this:

and three skeins plus some leftovers of some lovely gray Cleckheaton Merino Supreme, which, I'm told by the previous owner, was carried by hand all the way from Australia.
A major windfall, IMO. I feel like I won the yarn lottery. And as if that wasn't enough, we knitters were gifted with a free skein of Plymouth Encore in St. Paul Saints blue just for walking through the gates. Can you believe it?!?

My game night knitting consisted of work on a sock that I had cast on for a few days ago using some Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun that I had previously knit and ripped. I'm a little happier with the results this time, but still not thrilled. And now that I've got that insanely cool Schoeller cotton colori calling my name, I'm tempted to abort and start work on something I know I'll love.


You may notice I'm all about the cotton sock yarn these days. That would be because two pairs of my hand knit sockies, both made by me with my favorite Lana Grossa merino yarn, got shrunk into kidsize while we were staying with boy's mom. There is nothing more boo than a ruined pair of hand knit socks, and I've decided I'm apparently not enough of a grown up to knit socks with anything wool anymore. So bring on the cotton I say.

Stay tuned. I've got some MAJOR coolness in the blog pipeline...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?