Monday, May 15, 2006

There has been knitting!

A long, long time ago in a far away place, I started working on Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug from Scarf style. I think I started in the summer with the intent to have it finished and wearable by winter. Then life and house building got in the way and I only managed to work on it a couple of hours a month, and what should have been a relatively quick knit turned into a long, long knit.

Anyway, it's finished, and just in time for summer!
Here's me and the FO, modeled on the fly at our monthly knit-in at Betty's Bikes and Buns.

Thanks to Knit-Whit for the pic.

Suprisingly, I really like it! I'm thinking of playing around with the pattern a bit and making another, non-ribbed version in something really, really soft (can you hear that cashmere whispering "buy me, buy me"?). While the Galway I used is decently soft, it is a little annoying on bare neck skin...

Has anyone done any garment knitting with Malabrigo to know how it wears?

My latest project is the Noni Bobbles Bag, the one with all the different colored bobbles on it. The pattern calls for sixteen different colors of Cascade 220, so I guess I'll be saving my knitting pennies for that for a while. I'm nearly done with the plain black body, and although the pattern neglects to say how many rows are to be knit, I managed to find out that it's 55 after digging through their great looking but not very user friendly website. (Yes, there is an errata page if you've got enough patience to find it). I also notice that there's a couple of errors in the color numbers for the bobbles that dont' appear to be documented, but this I can guess at.

Comments:
The shrug is so great and I love the color.
 
Soooo cool. I want to make one!!!!
 
It looks great on you! Hopefully it will soften. Great color too. ;-)
 
Can I ask, is there a pattern available? I so need one of these for when I wear my down vest and need some extra warmth for my arms.
 
Hi Sarah
It's Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug which is in the book "Scarf Style" by Pam Allen via Interweave Press.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?