Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dinner and Project Runway

It's a good thing we finished dinner before PR came on, because I'm really disgusted that Uli didn't win. And, for the record, I thought Vincent's dress was ugly.

Anyway, grilling is one of my favorite ways to cook pork tenderloin, because it takes all of fifteen minutes and always comes out looking a hundred times better than oven cooking. Tonight's version was marinated in pineapple and lemon juice, lemon zest, ginger, shallot and rum. And instead of just tossing out all that fruity deliciousness I poured it off into a sauce pan and while the pork was griling I reduced it to make a sauce. I had originally intended to strain out the chunky bits but I found that after reducing they were tender enough to keep in and I liked the way they looked. So that, a little smashed potato and some fresh steamed veg and dinner is served:

Comments:
Damn - we had meat loaf and spanish rice with black beans and frozen peas. And I thought it was pretty good until I saw your dinner. I'm such a mom......
 
Peas. You mean people actually eat those? Like, on purpose? :)
 
that looks yummy. just 15 minutes on the grill you say?

i love peas by the way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?