Thursday, August 10, 2006

Is Orangeness a Word?

First, some amazing heirloom tomatos that made yesterday's lunch:

Sliced heirloom tomato and fresh mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of fleur de sel and cracked pepper. The taste of summer.




And then as I was laying in bed last night wondering how I could best exploit the leftover tomato, I happened to realize I had all the makings of this:

Sizzling and straight from the pan, I plunked the bacon down hot onto the sliced up remains of the fat and perfectly tangy, purplie red tomato. Toast, plenty of mayo so it got all drippy and yum when it mixed with the juice from the tomato, and some of that neato butter lettuce that comes with it's root ball still attatched straight from Carpinteria, CA where I grew up, and I got to sit down to one of the best sandwiches EVAH. To whomever invented the tasty BLT, my sincerest thanks. You, my friend, are genius.
So when was the last time you had a BLT?

In other food news from Casa Splatgirl, there are still croissants in the making, and let me just tell you what a major PITA it is to make croissant dough when it's hot and humid. Next time remind me that that is a winter activity, K?
Anyway, I ended up getting side tracked yesterday by some cool flowers I picked up at the grocery store, and that little project can be seen in all it's lime green and orangeness here

It's MotoKnitter night, so we'll see you at Betty's, right?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?