Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Joey Nova's Pizza and Deli

When I read about this place in the current issue of Mpls St. Paul magazine, I immediately put it on my to-be-tried list, mostly because it's on my side of town and it sounded like they make a decent pizza. As it turns out, they do make a decent pizza, and from the looks of it, they're whipping up quite a few other delicious things too. We tried the Barbeque Chicken pizza, the Pizza Nova, and a basic Canadian Bacon and Pineapple, but because camera phone pictures suck, I can only show you the reheated, leftover slices of the Pizza Nova that got turned into lunch the next day:
















We really enjoyed the pizza , and there is obviously some attention being paid to the interesting, quality ingredients in use (like homemade sauce and the fresh asparagus on the Pizza Nova) which put Joey Nova's in the above average category in my book, particularly where strip mall, neighborhood pizza places are concerned. Also on the menu are pasta dishes, several types of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, soup and wings, and I spotted some seriously delicious looking bread pudding that I'm going to be sure to save room for on our next visit.

Joey Nova's Pizzeria Delicatessen
5655 Manitou Road
Tonka Bay, MN 55331

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?