Friday, November 03, 2006

Bobbling

I've been finding a few minutes here and there to work on the many, many bobbles for the Noni Bobbles Bag.

The pattern has you knitting a total of twelve bobbles in each color, which, if you're counting equals 192 little round swatches that then get sewn up into balls and attatched to the bag pre-felting. Since I don't have a ball winder and I didn't bother to have the colors that I've purchased so far wound at the yarn shop, it's taking me quite a bit of time to wind each color into two separate balls before I can start knitting on the quick (but futzy) little bobbles.
Sigh.
Anyway, if you're questioning, like I was, it's looking like the bobbles use up about half a skein of each color, so no, you wouldn't necessarily have to go out and purchase 16 skeins of Cascade 220 to knit this bag. Depending on the wealth of your feltable stash, that is. Which leads me to fantisize about all the delicious little projects I'll be able to whip up with my 16 colors of leftovers! I think sometimes having just a bit of wool in a lovely color is better than having a full skein. Less pressure to put it to good use, you know?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?