Wednesday, November 29, 2006

WFDW, Doggy Style

Ok, really though, I have nothing to show you. I could tell you, however, about some pretty bad mexican food I had in place of the new, inventive and exciting home cooked meal that should have been tonights' meal were I not in some kind of lazy zone that is preventing me from accomplishing anything other than the absolute basics. Sigh.
Maybe next week, eh? But definitely go check out what others of us in the not so lazy category have whipped up!

In more exciting news at Casa Splatgirl, darling PupCake seems either to have overcome his total fear of the stairs or is getting tired of having to be leashed and walked around the house anytime we decide some BigTV is in order. So we're on up-the-stairs number three as of about ten minutes ago, and I was lucky enough to obtain photographic evidence:




I feel like my kid just learned to walk or something. YIPPEE for PupCake!!
Notice the bowl of kibble snackie at the midway point. I consider that a suggestion, as being a Greyhound on the stairs means that once you get going there's really no pauses midway, for eating or otherwise. So the poor guy kinda gets screwed for a second, but rest assured mommie races down to retrieve it and bring it up just as soon as he gets his fuzzy-butted ass to the top. Anyway, I'm pretty darn proud, since when he first came even the mere suggestion of stairs was an absolute drool fest and we've now got it down to just a little bit of pacing and a whimper or two.
Unfortunately, I think the down is gonna be a little more tricky...

Comments:
Way to go PupCake!!

Bentley really struggled with the stairs for quite awhile. We carried him up and down for a couple weeks. Yea, that was a sight! Another trick that worked well was a little treat on each step and placing his feet on each step for him. He has been with us for five months now and he BOLTS up and down them now.
 
After five years, our poor hound still can't make it to the second floor. Glad Pupcake figured it out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?