Monday, January 01, 2007

Last Nights' Dinner, New Years' Eve!

Lobster and Mango Cocktail:

Boy: "Ohhh, I get it. When you said lobster cocktail I didn't think that sounded like it would be a very good drink, but figured I'd go with along with it anyway."
Me: "You seriously thought it was going to be a drink?"
Boy: "Um, yea, as in cocktail."
Me: "Um, yea, as in shrimp cocktail, only with lobster?"
Boy: "ohhhhhhhhhh... yea."

A little salad with a vanilla-chive vinagrette I invented after being inspired by another lobster recipe:


Lobster, recently disassociated from it's body to provide for a slightly less carnal dining experience:

You know, as much as I like the stuff, I think I'm going to have to be done serving it in the shell. It makes for a lot of messy work and I'm really not into all that anymore. But it was very good none the less.

Dessert was one of our absolute favorites...a recipe that I have made more times than I can count: White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake with a raspberry coulis and fresh raspberries.

Along with some rather inexpensive but decent sparkling wine.

It was a simple, lovely meal and and a relaxing evening at home. We ended up getting about a foot of snow, so we took a time out before dessert to snow blow and shovel ourselves out from under it all which I would have been cursing had it not been for the fact that it was absolutely gorgeous outside with snow stuck to everything.

Cheers to 2007!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?