Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Slurpee Cold

It is cold. The kind of cold that gives you a brain freeze from the outside of your head and without having to eat anything cold. PupCake does NOT approve, since this kind of cold puts a serious damper on our daily walks, nifty new sweater or no. Despite this fact, I do anticipate that I will have met the 100 mile goal in the Run Yourself Ugly challenge by the end of the week. Heck, I might even have it now, but I' m too lazy to plug in my Ipod and download my last few workouts to know for sure. Anyway, having begun and met this challenge in the middle of winter is something of an accomplishment for me because I used to absolutely refuse to exercise outdoors in the winter, like, at all, and now I actually enjoy it on an almost daily basis. That it has been a reasonably mild winter to this point has helped, of course. And as an added bonus, I really think I am not minding winter as much as I used to in my non-winter-outdoor exercise days. So yay for getting outside!

I don't have much to show you, really. I've been plugging away on a scarf to add to my collection since I am now finding them such great assets in the dog walking apparel wardrobe. After being undecided for ages and starting and then tinking various patterns about four times, I think I've finally settled on a scarf-size version of the Clapotis, but I'll believe it when it's finished and around my neck because I'm still not crazy about the yarn/pattern combo. I've also been putting some final tweaks on the dog sweater by way of sewing a fabric lining for it to make to warmer and less stretchy. And still no progress on cuteifying the Costco dog bed but that project is on deck and I think it's going to be a huge improvement when I finally get around to making it over.
Knit-Whit and I are off tonight to relax and enjoy a cooking class and I'll be thinking hard on the What's For Dinner Wednesday question while I drive around and run some errands this afternoon.
Meanwhile, stay warm and think spring!

Labels:


Comments:
I'm thinking warm thoughts for you here while I rip out the top of my toque to reknit it longer - my ears got cold up there this weekend!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?