Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What's For Dinner Wednesday


Panko crusted pan fried walleye with roasted rosemary potatos and garlicky green beans.

Remind me that I like my fish with flavor, next time, ok?
Really, considering I made this up using what I could find in my freezer and fridge and pantry and therefore didn't have to go out to the grocery store in the lovely April snowstorm we're having today, it was definitely edible. But I really think that people who like fried fish really just want a reason to eat fried crap under the guise of it being "healthy" because it's fish, because aside from being nicely crispy and buttery, it tasted like nothing and that, friends, is not a Casa Splatgirl food feature.
On the other hand, take a gander at the recipe Boy chose for tonight's meal. I guess I should be thankful for the snowstorm after all, since it was the perfect excuse NOT to make this...not wanting to go to the store an all.
And...um, bologna? I don't think I eat that.
Like ever.
I even hated it when I was a kid.
But evidently it was the key ingredient in Boy's search criteria this week.

Can I just take a moment and ask WTF here, please?
Somehow he has managed to turn WFDW into something to fear, or at least I fear it when it's his week to pick.

Did I mention it's been snowing cats and dogs all day? It's making me a little crabby.
Can you tell?

I'll have some new craftyness to show you very soon, that, along with a whole new swank batch of MOOPockets will be making an appearance on Etsy shortly...

Labels:


Comments:
I was having a bad day but when I clicked on the link for the food, I burst out laughing. Not only is it crazy, it is so not normal WFDW food. Funny enough, I had to destalk. Thank you. Thank Boy. I can not stop laughing.
 
I just read further. You PAINT the food. With food coloring. I may bookmark that just to refer to it later.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?