Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What's For Dinner Wednesday?

Boy's pick, Cold Soba Noodle Salad, with some chicken satay on the side:


I HEART soba noodle!
This recipe was decent. I did have to doctor the dressing a bit after mixing it up because I found it too sweet and in dire need of a acid component, which I supplied with a dash or two of rice vinegar. And I couldn't get any fresh bean sprouts (how lame is that), so I added in a little julienned purple cabbage for color and crunch. And I'm not sure how I felt about the cilantro, but it's hard to go wrong with soba noodles for me, and I had no problem chowing down the whole pile you see.
I actually have a cold soba noodle salad recipe that I like quite a lot better. It uses fresh ginger, and I'll post it for you right after I'm done watching LOST...or tomorrow!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?