Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sometimes You Just Need A Waffle

...with real maple syrup, of course!


This one was part of Sundays' breakfast. Do I need to tell you it wasn't the only one that I enjoyed?
Waffles were Boy's request, and what I really wanted was the much too delicious authentic Belgian waffles from the Joy of Cooking which is a yeast batter recipe. But because I wanted to get things going and eating before the start of the MotoGP race on TV, I had to go with a plan B that wasn't going to require an hours' worth of rising time. And in a pinch, the basic waffle recipe will most certainly do.
While collecting my eggs, soy milk and butter from the fridge, I noticed some strawberries that needed to be eaten up and grabbed those as well to slice up and let macerate for a bit with some sugar and a bit of lemon juice. The scent of the ripe, juicy berries along with a little freshly whipped organic cream and the baking waffles made for a scent in my kitchen that was almost as good as the eating portion of the event. It's one of those times I really wish I could write a little bit of html and give you smell link.

Anyway, like I said, about the waffle recipe...a basic version is certainly no slouch in the breakfast department particularly given the fact that it goes from ingredients to finished product in like ten minutes flat, but I have to beg you to try a waffle recipe that calls for yeast sometime, because the result is absolutely 100% worth the extra time and effort. They're obsessively good, really, and quite unlike any 'regular' waffle you may have had.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?