Monday, March 10, 2008

Last Nights Dinner



Mustard Crusted Pork with Lentils and Carrots


I LOVED this! And what a happy surprise, because to tell you the truth, I am not much of friend of the cooked carrot. And lentils aren't something that I'd consider an exciting under any circumstances, but in this dish, combined with the other ingredients, they're delicious and something I'm imagining looking forward to having again.
The best part was that this is basically a one dish meal and really quick and easy to make.
My only complaint was that a lot of the mustard crust fell off when I tried to slice the pork. Not sure how to remedy that, but this isn't really the kind of dish where a perfect looking plating matters much anyway. Next time, however, I am definitely going to put the meat on a rack to get it up off the bottom of the pan in an attempt to get a more evenly crisp and crusty crust.

So, the pork was delicious and tasty and juicy and the mustard part went perfectly with the sweet of the roasted carrots and the richness of the lentils. Whooda thunk. A cooked carrot I acutally loved and a simple basic meal that's basically just a few things thrown together.
Hurray!! A winner!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?