Friday, March 14, 2008

Late for WFDW and Some Crafty


Salmon Cakes with Garlic-Spinach Saute

If you can get past the scariness of what's inside the can of canned salmon, this is a quick and tasty recipe that takes all of fifteen minutes to prep and cook. I upped the ante by adding fresh minced ginger and an extra scallion to the patty mixture, and I found that I needed an egg to get everything to hold together but still, a simple throw-together kind of meal. Besides, how can you go wrong with anything served over sauteed spinach?

Then, remember the lowly "leftovers" bench I made from the scraps of the dining table project?

While I was on a quick little IKEA jaunt the other day and perusing the acre of cool new summer stuff, I found these nifty cushions covered in the most fabulous of fabrics, ever. I just couldn't live without it's spotty, orangy deliciousness, and since it appeared to be close to the dimensions of the leftovers bench, I figured I'd get one.
It ended up needing some tweaking...I had to cut down the overall length by a few inches which meant I had to also do some major sewing surgery on the cover, but the good part is that I then had some excess fabric I could use to make straps to hold the finished cushion to the bench:

Sort of looks like a real piece of furniture now, huh?

P.S. The selection of plant pots is in the store right now is awesome! The white one holding the bird of paradise plant you see was only $35...probably a third the price you'd find a big, big pot for anyplace else.

Comments:
Well, it looks like I need to make a trip to IKEA!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?