Thursday, December 11, 2008

Brrrrr!

Undoubtedly I'll be documenting our current tale of woe in its entirety over at Modern in MN later, specifically why you should never, ever buy a Weil-McLain product even if it's the last boiler on earth, but the short story is that we've been without a domestic heat and hot water source since Monday afternoon. On the bright side, despite the catastrophic failure of our really expensive and high-end, American made, greatest-thing-ever-invented barely three-year-old boiler manufactured by a company that bills themselves as the most reputable boiler manufacturer out there yet doesn't see fit to stock parts for their products anywhere, including at their own factory and tells you, the customer without any heat in the midst of a Minnesota winter, that YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE FACTORY CAN MAKE ONE (and then is willing to do us the favor of making us pay the extra $150 for express shipping which puts it here in six days instead of ten or twelve), our house is super energy efficient and super insulated, so we're getting by decently with a few electric space heaters. The hot water issue, not so much, but I did discover that putting a wet washcloth in the microwave for 30 seconds is a quick and easy way to be sure you don't have to wash your face with ice cold water before bedtime.
Camping baths, not so fun, but it does let me pretend for a few minutes that I'm realizing my dream of hanging around at base camp of Mt. Everest.

Anyway, if you haven't already noticed, there's lots of new stuff to check out in my Etsy shop, my favorite of which happens to be several leather and fabric combinations of these:

or is my favorite these?:

or this?:


I know, I know. I say every new item is my favorite, but this time I mean it. It's the black leather messenger that is sure to outlive it's owner. Or maybe this adorable little custom number complete with my new favorite obsession, the monogrammed leather tag and tassel:


Sigh. So much cuteness, so little closet space :)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?