Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Bad, Bad Thing I Did

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have already heard my confession. If not, here it is in living color:



Say hello to my new favorite gadget, an Acer Aspire One mini-notebook.

Either I haven't been spending enough time channeling my inner Asian teenager, or I'm just getting old and slow, because I only recently discovered the wonder that is the "netbook" despite the fact that they've been around for a while.
And ever since then, no matter how hard I tried to resist, my craving for one just kept coming back.

Because I am sucker for all things trial-size.

So I finally broke down and ordered one last week. And despite the fact that Boy thinks it's the dumbest, most useless thing ever, he's already named it Junior, aka The Little Guy. Because engineers have a habit of naming all their computers...or "machines" as they're called by my favorite resident computer geek. And I'm taking this as proof that he secretly thinks it's just the slightest bit cool.

Anyway, me and my new machine...Junior...have been getting to know each other. And so far I think it's just about the coolest thing ever, because it's tiny and super light but it works basically just like a full size laptop, albeit slightly dumbed down. I got the older A110 model because it was available with a version of Linux (my long-time OS of choice), but you can get it with XP, too, and it's just been announced that there'll be a 10" screen version out shortly (this one as an 8.5" screen).


As you can probably imagine, I'm already at work on a cute and nifty new case for it!

Comments:
I have been mulling over getting one of these for so long now. Darn you for making me want one even more!

Hope the weather improves in MN. I'm certainly glad that I now live in Seattle when you guys are dealing with below zeros.
 
oops. sorry. or not!
the tipping point for me was when I went to the eye dr. the other day and she had one sitting there on her desk all cute like. I had finally been able to put them out of my mind after agonizing for like three months, but then I saw hers and basically had to go straight home and buy one.
like I said, I'm a sucker for trial-size

supposta warm up tomorrow, and 20's to 30's this weekend, which I imagine will feel rather balmy.
 
So cute! Maybe for my next machine.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?