Friday, October 28, 2011

From Someplace Deep in a Pile of Fabric...

Whew.  Climbing sewing mountain here.  I just sent off a super cute bag to Sew Stylish magazine.  It's a super functional and relatively straightforward-to-sew bag that is loaded with cuteness and fabulous details, and I think you're really, really going to like it!  The project with full how-to and source guide will appear in the Spring issue.  In the mean time, here's a tiny little peek:

strap completion
In other news, I'll be at Cache at the Casket next weekend, November  4th through 6th.  It's our senior year!  Come check it out, and be sure and stop by and introduce yourselves--getting to meet y'all is always one of the highlights of the event! 


And then I've just got to carry on for another minute about the astounding coolness that is Spoonflower.  So.  Much. Awesome.  I've shown you some of what I've conjured with Spoonflower before, and here's another little bit of indie fabric designer magic put to use:
purple tiki messenger
I got that tiki face fabric earlier in the year, and honestly, for the longest time it had me paralyzed with it's fabulousness.  It's one of those prints that was always sitting front and center on my worktable but that I just couldn't manage to find way to use that I felt would do it justice.    And then one day the stars aligned and it spoke.  Those are the best kinds of days in the studio--when the noise in my head shuts up and things seem to design themselves. 


Happy weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?