Thursday, December 13, 2007

Still No Pretty

I guess I'm on an ugly food kick somehow. Blame it on the short days and my lack of exposure to sunlight up here in the north.
Anyway, you can totally blame Mariko over at Super Eggplant for this one. It's Gingerbread Pudding Cake, and it's one of the most bizarre recipes I've had the pleasure of throwing together in a long, long time. Delicious, in a soggy, broken up chewy molasses cookie kind of way, and definitely NOT pretty:

But that's OK, because it spent all of about two minutes in the dish before hitting my stomach. Even Boy, the highly predictable mushy-dessert-disliker liked it, so that's saying something. Of course the big plop of organic whipped cream on top helped, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?